If you want to "Show Up Big" in your life -meaning: allow your best self to actually take the lead in your life when it counts- then allow me to encourage you to be fiercely intentional about doing this one thing:
"Fail fast and often in one direction!"
Yes you heard me right...
Fail fast and often in the same direction.
Get really good at what Geoff Colvin in his book,Talent Is Overrated, calls deliberate practice. Scientific research proves:
- Exceptional performance comes by fixed practice over time.
- Practice is doing with the intent to succeed by leveraging incremental failure.
- Fail often enough in the pursuit of "getting it right" leads to actually getting it right at a faster rate.
Here's The Big Idea:
Choose now my friend, to no longer be afraid to fail. Fail fast and fail often in the same direction.
This is the surest pathway to achievement and showing up big, when it counts!
Here are a Few other useful resources on the topic of failure:
1. The Role of Deliberate Practice in the acquisition of expert performance.
Ericsson K. Anderson (American Psychology Association)
2. Accept Defeat: The Neuroscience Of Screwing Up.
3. Failure Is Good.
Let me know if you found this information helpful.
As always my friend...
Be Strong, Be Happy, Be You!
Your Friend In The Fight,
Like This Article?
Want more helpful tips and resources for living your best life & getting paid to be you? It all starts with first finding your Sweet Spot! Your Sweet Spot is where What you love to do, What you are wired to do, & What others will pay you to do collide. Down load your free copy of the Sweet Spot Finder Tool and discover how to BE YOU & GET PAID!