Now that we have our audience and have decided on the problem we want to help our audience solve, the next step is to create a compelling registration page and thank you page that converts.
As a recap: (To see the details for steps 1 & 2 click here)
1. My Audience:
- Subject experts (Good people who have skill sets, knowledge, or expertise on a specific topic, interest, or field), who have an expressed interest in growing a business through teaching, speaking, coaching, or consulting.
2. My Audience's Pressing Problem I Want To Help Them Solve With My Webinar:
Their major problems: They have No Platform, No Audience, & No Reliable Cash Flow! They feel invisible. They are good at what they do but not enough of "right audience" knows about them.
- "I'm not being seen, and heard enough by the right people. How Do I Quickly Become One Of The "Go-To" Experts In My Niche And Get Paid Very Well To Do And Share What I Love?"
The primary goal for just about everyone in my "ideal audience" is to make a great living sharing their knowledge, skill sets, and expertise with others, on their own terms. Their problem is NOT that they are not good enough at what they do. They are very good at what they do, just...
NOT ENOUGH people:
a.) know about them and
b.) buy from them consistently.
3. Given my audience and their most pressing problems (along with my research into what the top 5% in the "Expert Industry" are doing better than everyone else):
I've decided to create a webinar that will teach:
The 3 essential things you need to be doing RIGHT NOW, to get seen more of the right people & paid at a premium to do and share what they love (even if they are starting from scratch)!
My ideal audience wants to...
GET SEEN, GET HEARD, & GET PAID
Doing and Sharing What They Enjoy!
They want to make an AWESOME LIVING, while making an AWESOME DIFFERENCE in the world around them.
Now that I have a very clear idea of who I want to serve and the problems they have I desire to solve, the next step is to craft the marketing copy for my registration and thank you pages.
How To Create A Webinar Page That
Connects & Converts!
The goal of a great webinar registration page is to get people to sign up. The goal of a great thank you page is to get people to show up.
After studying literally hundreds of webinar registration pages, and then reverse engineering what the top 5% are doing better than everyone else, I have discovered there are only
7 core elements to a winning webinar registration page:
- A BIG Benefit driven header (or headline).
- A Clear Sub-Header that amplifies the emotional benefit of the header.
- A Clear and Visible Call To Action sign up button.
- Solution focused bullet points (that enters the conversation your audience is already having in their mind and addresses their hidden fears, frustrations, & objections).
- Obvious Time & Date indicators of your webinar
- Professional & friendly photo of you (the presenter) with a short but compelling bio.
- Social proof triggers (i.e. testimonials, logos of credible third party institutions, or media outlets you've done work with or have been featured in.
Now, what about the Thank You page?
In my humble assessment the "Thank You" page is one of the most under rated and misused pages on the web. As I said before, while the goal of the registration page is to get people to sign up, the primary goal of the webinar thank you page is to get people to show up!
The Only 5 Things You Need To Do On Your THANK YOU Page To Get More People To Show Up To Your Webinar!
After studying the Thank You pages of several of the top players in the "expert industry," I've come up with a check list of the core essential elements I've seen consistently on all of the top performing pages.
Below are the 5 elements you need to have on your thank page to compel more people to show up to your webinar.
1. A Bold Header that immediately reminds the person of the BIG benefit they are receiving because they sign up for your webinar. Bonus: I strongly recommend you include a short video that amplifies their awesome decision, and describes what they can expect and what they need to do next.
Michael Hyatt, does this very well. Your video should be NO longer than 3 minutes, and should deliver your next step message in a fun, relaxed, and confident way.
Done correctly, this video immediately positions you as a trusted authority, and reinforces the commitment they are making to make your webinar a priority.
2. Pre-work or Surprise Bonus download button. By giving a FREE added bonus or pre-work that delivers an immediate small win, you further create interest and desire to take advantage of the content you'll be giving on your webinar.
I've seen top internet marketers Frank Kern and Amy Porterfield do this masterfully. They create a "useful but incomplete'" worksheet that gets people started but further increases the need to get the content that will given on the webinar.
3. Calendar buttons that make it easy for the person to put the date and time of your webinar in their schedule. On your video, make sure you mention in your "next steps," to click the calendar button and put this webinar in their schedule.
4. Social share buttons. Ask people to "pay it forward" by sharing your free webinar with their community.
5. Testimonials. Have one or two testimonials that share how others have benefited from the content you provide. This further establishes social proof that you are, in fact, worth showing up for and listening to.
Now that you have the essential elements for both your registration page and your thank you page, take about 60 minutes and a note book and sketch out both of these pages for yourself.
I strongly suggest you do both pages with pen and pad first; that way, you can get your copy as clear and concise as possible.
The Online Webinar Platform I Chose: Webinar Ninja
This is what I did! Once I had my copy as clean and concise as I could, I just used the ALL-In-ONE webinar platform solution Webinar Ninja to actually create my webinar registration and thank you pages online.
When researching new webinar platforms to try I came across this review by Pat Flynn on Webinar Ninja.
3 Reasons Why I Chose Webinar Ninja:
1. Built by ethical internet marketers, for ethical internet marketers who want "ease of use." Pat Flynn doesn't endorse a lot of software platforms. And he vets things out pretty thoroughly.
The creators of Webinar Ninja 2.0 really took their time to address all of the headaches people have had over the years with other platforms like WebinarJam and GoToWebinar. The users interface is clean and intuitive. ANYONE CAN SET UP AND USE THIS PLATFORM IN MINUTES!
2. Affordable Pricing. Another huge barrier for most people is cost. Webinar Ninja has an affordable $45.00 option that doesn't skimp on the features. Their starting package revivals the premium packages of its competitors.
3. The "Done-For-You" follow up email templates. This feature is awesome. One of the most important things you can do to get more people to show up to your webinar is create an effective email followup series to remind them. Webinar Ninja does this for you (and you don't even have to have your own email client like Mail Chimp, or Aweber -Although I highly recommend that you do at some point because you want to start building your email list ASAP!
Well, there you have it!
On the next training we will dive into promoting our webinar and driving traffic to our webinar registration page!
Get to work on the copy writing for both your registration page and thank you page. Once that's done, get your 14 day FREE trial with Webinar Ninja and start playing around with it.
Here's A Look At My Webinar Registration Page
One note: The one downside I've found so far with Webinar Ninja is it's lack of page customization and the font size and modification can be a little glitchy. I not put additional head shots and quotes for testimonials.
Other than that, I'm liking it so far...
See you in the next training session.