The second step in creating, promoting, and conducting a webinar that converts is identifying a pressing problem that your ideal audience wants solved.
One of the most common mistakes that people make when doing a webinar is creating a webinar on a topic "they think" their audience is interested in.
While this approach may work sometimes, more times than not it doesn't. And when it doesn't work the person gets discouraged, loses confidence, and throws in the towel believing that webinars no longer work.
While I would agree, because of the resent popularity of webinars, your niche may be over saturated and it has become tougher to get people to sign up and show.
The cure for running webinars in a competitive and oversaturated market is to:
Create A Webinar On A Burning Topic Your Audience Cares About!
Here is how to identify burning topics that your ideal audience want to learn about (4 things you can do):
1. Pick 5 to 10 People Who Represent People You Want To Target And Simply Ask Them:
- What are your top 3 biggest challenges you are wresting with in your business right now (fill in the blank)?
- What are the things that are important to your business (accomplishing your goal) you wish you didn't have to do?
- What is currently causing you the most pain or frustration in your business (in losing weight, in running your coaching business, in [fill in the blank])?
2. Do A Targeted Google Search:
- Type] What are the most common problems (coaches, speakers, newly weds, first accounts etc) face?
- Type] Top challenges (coaches, speakers, newly weds, first year accounts etc) face?
- Type] Site: website.com "topic"
3. Search For Best Selling Books On Amazon On Your Topic:
- Study the tables of content for topic ideas.
- Read the customer reviews (the top reviews for what they loved, and the worst reviews what they hated).
4. Research & Study the topics on industry magazine covers:
- Go to Google search.
- Type in: "popular industry magazine cover" (example: "Men's Fitness Magazine cover")
- Click on: Images for men's fitness magazine covers
- Study all of the cover headlines and sub headlines
-Doing this will give you great insight into what that niche community's hot buttons and pain points are.
5: Research the top products, youtube videos, and top blog posts of your competitors and industry leaders:
Doing this one, as I was researching the content and most successful products Brendon Burchard has produced I can across one of his promo videos that had very valuable questions my target audience is asking.
This video advertised Brendon 2016 Experts Academy (very good program by the way. I took part in this back in 2010). The video reminded my of all the pressing issues, pain points, and triggers that my core audience faces.
Here are 12 powerful questions that came from this video that point to the pains and frustrations of my market:
- How do I leverage my passions, life story, and work expertise to become a highly paid expert and earn high recurring income online?
- How are authors, speakers, coaches, seminar leaders, and online marketers sharing their message with the world and making such an incredible income?
- How do I find my message and share it with the entire world through information marketing?
- How do I create content and turn my advice and success tips on any topic, into products and programs that people will buy over and over again?
- How do I target an audience and quickly build an email list of fans and subscribers world wide?
- What should I be doing on a day to day basis to create content and market my brand?
- How do I create evergreen marketing campaigns that run 24 hours a day?
- How does online marketing work today and what basic tools and strategies should I be using consistently?
- How do I outsource my task and run my business so that I love my lifestyle?
- How do I build a real personal brand doing this? A brand that endures, ads value, and generates recurring revenue for the rest of my life?
- How do I make a difference and make a fortune sharing my advice?
- What's the fastest path to building an expert empire that become legendary, changes people's lives around the world and ultimately creates the lifestyle I've always dreamed of having?
These questions are consistent with the issues that came up when I interviewed 5 people in my network that represented my ideal audience.
Now, from these questions the next step is to create a registration page with a compelling headline and bullet points that speak directly to what my ideal audience wants to know.
That's what we will do in the next step. Until then, take action on today's step and discover the frustrations and pains of your market. Identify problems that your market desperately wants solved!